Friday the 13th: The Game revamped their website and put up a few teasers for players, along with upcoming patch notes and a way to bring the community together. So, let’s take a look at what they’ve revealed so far!
Spring Break 1984 Clothing Pack
First up is new a new clothing pack with outfits straight from Spring Break 1984. Soon, your counselors can sport their swim trunks and bikinis as they’re slaughtered around Crystal Lake. Get ready for sessions full of Tiffany in her bikini (as seen below), because we all know it’s coming. Although, I’m a bit of an A.J. girl, myself.
The price for the clothing pack will be $3.99, but there will be a limited time 50% off sale, making it $1.99. No date has been given for the pack, hopefully soon.
New Playable Jason
The next teaser is for a new playable Jason with unique kills. Unfortunately, there isn’t much information given, but we may have a clue as to what is coming next (see the first pic above and the the dots below).
New Playable Map
It was recently announced that an upcoming map variant DLC is in the works, which will make the three existing maps 40% smaller. This will allow for a quicker and more brutal playthrough. In addition to the smaller maps, Friday the 13th: The Game will also get a new fullsize map, which is promised to be “ripped straight from the films.” This map will be free, release date is TBA.
The Mysterious Dots
As mentioned above, these diagrams have been released as a clue to future updates. Are we getting Friday The 13th, Part V: A New Beginning’s Roy Burns (again, see above)? Will Pamela Voorhees be introduced as a playable character? Whatever they mean, Gun Media assures that the images have specific meaning behind them and invite you to share your thoughts on the official subreddit: Seven Black Dots and One Blue.
Patch Notes / Report Bugs
There is a massive patch coming soon, release date is TBA. Friday the 13th: The Game’s patch will fix the following issues and add the following content…
- Disallowing party leaders to join game session invites to sessions that do not advertise (private matches). This is due to not being able to search for sessions that do not advertise, which prevents party members from following their leader into them.
- Party leaders can now follow public game invites, bringing members with them.
- Steam Matchmaking tries harder to find lower-pinging matches. PS4 matchmaking up to 6x more efficient with tighter ping requirements.
- Fixed XB1 matchmaking bugs.
- Fixed a number of issues with how the game handles Party Invites and Matchmaking; there are still a few issues out there that are rare but it is much improved.
- Fixed a number of issues on how canceling matchmaking was handled that could leave players in a state they could no longer matchmake.
- Party members now see their party leader’s matchmaking status and time.
- Various improvements to error messaging.
- Added Small Maps for the existing maps; Packanack Small, Higgins Haven Small, and Camp Crystal Lake Small.
- Increased the density of Kill locations on all maps.
- Adjusted collision on Maps to prevent people from standing on water.
- Adjusted collision on piers to prevent cars from driving on them
- Added a Map Icon to Campfire Kills.
- Fixed a number of kill spots that were not functioning.
- Fixed an issue with not being able to fix boat propellers based on boat positioning on the dock.
- Placed collision under piers to prevent people from swimming under them.
- Fixed a number of areas that the player could get out of the map.
- Fixed a number of areas that Counselors could get to that Jason could not.
- Added better collision around Boat Exits to prevent Jason from getting to areas he shouldn’t be in.
- Team Killing changes.
- Team Killing is no longer possible in Public Matches.
- Cars can still cause damage to the players if they are hit.
- Traps can still hurt and/or kill the player but there is no longer an XP penalty for the person that placed the trap in Public Matches.
- Private Matches have not changed.
- Fixed an issue where the Counselors breath wouldn’t start to recharge if the user continued to hold the button after breath was depleted.
- Fixed an issue with Fear being canceled if pulled out of a car.
- Fixed an issue with the Police Objective happening when it shouldn’t be.
- Fixed a number of issues regarding objects falling through the ground.
- Fixed an issue where Damage and Stun chance were only being calculated on the first attack.
- Jason can no longer block through traps, firecrackers, flare guns, shotguns, and the Police.
- Fixed reliability of perks that spawn items at the start of the match.
- Increased texture resolution on the XB1.
- Fixed the PhD for Murder Achievement/Trophy.
- Improved intro and outro cinematics.
- Fixed player muted states sometimes getting “lost” after level change.
- Can now unready in Private Match even when the countdown is low.
- Fixed a hitch caused by the video settings savegame after signing in or changing those settings.
There is also a link to report bugs, which will be much more efficient than yelling on social media. Hopefully.
There is now a “Player Highlight” section that will introduce you to fellow players, allowing you to check out their Friday the 13th: The Game stats and gaming profile. If you’d like to be considered, be sure to put in the hours! In addition to meeting fellow players, there is also a section to check out Friday the 13th: The Game content creators.
Lastly, players will get weekly events in the form of challenges. I’m always an addict for these types of challenges for games I love, so this is a welcome addition.
There have been a lot of challenges, frustrations, issues and much needed updates since the release of the game. Hopefully with with the upcoming patch, new content, and new ways of bringing the community together, it gets back on track and gets counselors and killers back to camp.